WHERE DO WE GO FOR INSPIRATION?

I have always been very inspired by my students. Different perspectives are important and they can really send my brain into new directions and make me feel really creative.

Another source of inspiration is to watch other artists, of course. Old masters but also new, rising stars. In 2011, my biggest source of inspiration was Jenny Saville.

This is an updated post so I chose to include a more recent work of art as well as her drawing below. 



But then there is a third source that always inspired me immensely: my kids. When I created this post, my 7-year-old had created her own Smurf game and I loved how she expressed their forms so freely. 

Children are very inspiring. 

Jenny Saville rocks.


Smurf game by my daughter rocks too.










Comments

Popular Posts