Florida Atlantic University - Sweet memories.


I created this blog in 2010, about 10 years after my graduation from this international University.

This is where I spent 4,5 years. The small town Boca Raton, north of Miami, South Florida, USA. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. I felt at home and I believe that my age made me very susceptible to impressions. The place really made a mark on me, I stayed between the age of 20 and 25. 

Florida Atlantic University at the Boca Raton campus, Dorothy Schmidt College of Arts and Letters. 

They had two university galleries and this is one of them, the Ritter Art Gallery.

I exhibited there twice. I loved that our science teachers were doing research, and our art teachers were active artists. What an opportunity to learn in a vibrant environment. 

Living and painting in south Florida made me feel very alive. Before coming here, I had spent a semester in Paris, and the contrast was amazing. January in Paris was freezing and horrible in every way, and landing in such a warm place as Boca Raton after that cold semester in France was like heaven.

I welcomed hurricanes and afternoon rainfalls and geccos, palm trees, jacuzzis and everything else that was part of the lifestyle.

The only negative thing I can think of is the fact that I had little money as a student. Boca and Miami are definitely nicer if you have money. But I really loved the art classes and the nature. 




Comments

Popular Posts