ART FROM STORSJÖYRAN 2010


The year of 2010 was a terrible year for me as a person. I went through a divorce and it affected me more than I could ever have imagined.

The problem with being an artist is that when things are really hard, it is difficult to create. My world was upside down and I felt terrible. Lost my safe place, my atelier, my happiness. 

But I had some fun times artistically. One of the missions was an outdoor painting on a big square during a music festival. Name of festival was Storsjöyran and it was in a town with moody weather so we never really knew if the art would be gone in 30 minutes of a day or a week. But we painted the upper part of the huge square and we had so much fun. 

It was very liberating to paint big and to know that the art was temporary. That summer was great, artistically. 

This image is me mixing tempera paint before painting on the ground. 

Comments

Popular Posts