ART IN ANDALUCIA

So I have moved to the South of Spain, where I slowly work on my paintings and drawings in my sunny apartment.

What I have enjoyed so far in this region is the street art in Malaga and Fuengirola, and I have visisted The Benalmádena Exhibition Center several times, like when it showed the Dantesque world from the surrealist vision of Dalí.

Overall, the impression of this region is hat it is alive and well. Contemporary artists are hired to do huge murals and there are so many public art places. It feels alive and growing and I am hoping for more expansion. 


The weather is both challenging and giving. It does not rain a lot, but there is wind, heat, sun, and humidity. And lots of dogs peeing on public art. 

Me as a person, I love it here. I wake up energized every morning, no Swedish gloom here. And we are all different, no? Some may feel good in the darkness of the north, but I feel so much more creative here in the warm weather. 

Here is some more info about the Malaga art scene specifically. 

Murals in Malaga

Dali in Benamladena

Centre Pompidou in Malaga

Fuengirola barrio painting


Comments

Popular Posts